Monsoon brings relief from the scorching heat of summer, but it also brings with it a set of hair care challenges. Excessive humidity, rainwater, and fungal infections during this season can lead to hair fall and other hair-related issues. To help you maintain healthy and luscious locks even during the monsoon, we have compiled a list of expert tips from the renowned dermatologist and cosmetologist in Kharadi, Dr. Shreedevi Lakhe.
Understand the Causes of Monsoon Hair Fall
- Excessive humidity: Humidity levels rise during the monsoon, causing the scalp to become oily and prone to fungal infections, leading to hair fall.
- Rainwater: Rainwater contains pollutants and chemicals that can damage the hair shaft, making it weak and brittle.
- Fungal infections: The damp and humid environment during the monsoon provides an ideal breeding ground for fungal infections, such as dandruff and scalp ringworm.
Keep Your Scalp Clean
- Wash your hair regularly with a mild shampoo to keep your scalp clean and free from dirt, sweat, and excess oil.
- Avoid using hot water as it can strip away natural oils from your hair and scalp, making them dry and prone to breakage.
- Shreedevi Lakhe recommends using an antifungal shampoo containing ketoconazole or selenium sulfide to prevent fungal infections and dandruff.
Protect Your Hair from Rainwater:
- Before stepping out in the rain, cover your hair with a scarf or hat to minimize exposure to rainwater and pollutants.
- If your hair gets wet in the rain, make sure to rinse it with clean water as soon as possible to wash away any chemicals or pollutants.
- Avoid tying your hair when it’s wet, as wet hair is more susceptible to breakage.
Avoid Heat Styling Tools:
- During the monsoon, it is best to avoid using heat-styling tools like hairdryers, straighteners, and curling irons. Excessive heat can further damage your hair and make it prone to breakage.
- Instead, embrace natural hairstyles and allow your hair to air dry whenever possible.
Use a Wide-Toothed Comb:
- Use a wide-toothed comb to detangle your hair gently. This helps minimize hair fall and prevents breakage, especially when your hair is wet.
- Avoid using brushes with fine bristles, as they can lead to hair breakage and damage.
Eat a Nutrient-Rich Diet:
- Maintain a balanced diet rich in vitamins, minerals, and proteins to promote healthy hair growth.
- Include foods like eggs, fish, nuts, seeds, leafy greens, and fruits in your diet, as they provide essential nutrients for healthy hair
- Drinking adequate water throughout the day helps maintain the moisture balance of your hair and scalp.
- Hydrated hair is less prone to dryness, frizz, and breakage.
By following these expert tips from Dr. Shreedevi Lakhe, a renowned dermatologist and cosmetologist in Kharadi, you can minimize hair fall and keep your hair healthy and beautiful during the monsoon season. Remember to maintain a clean scalp, protect your hair from rainwater, avoid heat styling tools, use a wide-toothed comb, follow a nutrient-rich diet, and stay hydrated. Embrace these monsoon hair care tips, and enjoy luscious locks all year round.